Re: mimic a unknown user bounce

2005-01-25 01:04:05
I've found that even asking people to not CC one on list posts (for a lot
of legit reasons, nevermind that it's MY inbox they're sending things to)
raises ire with some people.

Their problem ;)

Heh, that rather describes some of my family members.

Not too far from what I was thin.. ooops, no comment...

who won't give you the time of day), then set up a forward to the
return-path or listowner address

And that'll tell them I want off? What if it's not even a list handled
by a listmanager like mailman, but a private distribution list of some
company with some who-knows-what setup?

Try reading the manpages or searching the list archives for "EXITCODE"

Yes I know that well, but as you know, it doesn't work well unless
procmail is called by the MTA, and it has to be the receiving MTA too.
As it is, I get my mail with fetchmail, and to avoid overhead and
randomisation of msgs by the local MTA-turned-LDA, I feed straight from
fetchmail to procmail. EXITCODE doesn't do a lot of good here.

I'll be stubborn and keep on using my fakebounce when I see fit... ;)

Sending bounces in response to spam

I *did* say that I don't count fake bounces as a useful response to
spam.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.