Re: OT: Verizon (Was: Re: mimic a unknown user bounce)

2005-01-25 04:16:19

Oh, while looking for these I ran across a story that might have even
more implications for procmailers:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/18/german_email_blocking/
[...]
I live in Germany.  I Generally think the court system here is okay.
But this is preposterous!  You might remember a couple of years ago,
too, that the German court ruled that linking web pages makes you
responsible for the content on the other web page!  Idiots.

 IANAL, but to me, filtering out email from a known individual with a known
 address is different from spam filtering. In the quoted case, emails were
 filtered without consent, or even notification of sender and recipients.

 The implication for spam filters is that all email users need to be made
 aware of the presence of same, and may even need to have means to switch
 the filter on/off individually.

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/result.xhtml?url=/newsticker/meldung/55201&words=Urteil
 http://www.heise.de/ct/03/26/186/