Re: Works on telnet but...

2005-02-18 22:14:42
Mitsuru,

First, I am not trying to use HOST variable on permanet basis
but just added it after failed trials to see if the recipe is
running on the same environment with telnet case or not.

To find out which host procmail is running on,

LOG="Procmail is running on $HOST.
"

is the way to get the value of $HOST into the logfile.

 Or should I still use SWITHRC for that checking purpose?

No, SWITCHRC does the same thing as what you wrote.  It doesn't do what
you meant.

 Or are you saying the use of HOST varible is the very reason for the
failure?

I don't remember the original post enough to say.  If HOST did not have
the value you were trying to give it, then procmail would exit without
delivery.