Filtering Forwarded Email.

2005-03-08 18:51:18
This could be a bit off topic.

Some of the email addresses that I have on one server need to be
forwarded to another domain using /etc/aliases, I am curious if I can
use something like the following in /etc/mail.

jsmtih:    "|/usr/bin/procmail -m jsmith(_at_)newaddress(_dot_)tld
/etc/procmailrc"

Or
jsmtih: "|/usr/bin/procmail /etc/procmailrc  jsmith(_at_)newaddress(_dot_)tld"

I will eventually test it in a sand box, but since I don't have an email
box on the other domain, I am not sure if this is the correct way of
doing it, or  if I am reading the documentation properly.

Thank you for your advice.