Re: Filtering Forwarded Email.

2005-03-09 16:09:27
At 13:31 2005-03-09 -0800, multimedia-fan(_at_)myrealbox(_dot_)com wrote:
I went to google and found it.
I read somewhere that some people used it to access Windows
NT/XP/2000/2003 drives non bootable computers to rescue data, looks like
a great thing to have.

I used it recently to facilitate an analog data link for my network when the provisioning on my digital line got screwed up in the telco office (an outage which lasted over a week, fsckyouverymuch). This was preferrable to changing the config on one of my servers to do this, since once the digital line was back up, I could simply swap connections on the router and the regular router would be doing its job, and absolutely NOTHING else on my network had to be changed to accomodate this. I migrated a copy of my firewall rules (normally implemented at the router, and it involved some rewriting for syntax differences) to the Knoppix system, and I was in biz.

Blew the heck out of struggling with FreeSCO.

And, to keep some procmail content in this post: Knoppix has procmail on it, so people wanting to tinker with procmail who don't presently have a procmail config at their ISP can do so using a Knoppix CD, without having to sacrafice a system to set up a *nix distro at home to tinker with.