Re: Filtering Forwarded Email.

2005-03-08 19:29:35
At 16:54 2005-03-08 -0800, multimedia-fan(_at_)myrealbox(_dot_)com wrote:
This could be a bit off topic.

Some of the email addresses that I have on one server need to be
forwarded to another domain using /etc/aliases, I am curious if I can
use something like the following in /etc/mail.

jsmtih:    "|/usr/bin/procmail -m jsmith(_at_)newaddress(_dot_)tld
/etc/procmailrc"

Yes. I use this technique for a variety of things, though you promably meant to specify the rcfile THEN the email address argument (to be used by the rcfile). You'll need to use some other rcfile too, unless you have that one set up to do forwarding (since it isn't a local delivery).

box on the other domain, I am not sure if this is the correct way of
doing it, or  if I am reading the documentation properly.

You might rush out and get "Knoppix", which is a bootable CD distribution of Linux (based on Debian). You can boot up a computer with it (even without an HD if you'd prefer - it runs off a ramdrive), and tinker with some settings to experiement, all without having to actually have another box dedicated to testing.