Re: Is there a simpler way to exec procmail?

2005-04-21 21:24:16

Steve>  Am I missing something in regards to my procmail?  On my old
Steve> system procmail just ran everytime mail came in without needing
Steve> this.  Right now what it does is mail comes in, procmail is
Steve> executed, it goes through its filtering, sends mail to spam
Steve> assassin and then exits when all its work is done.  I'd like to
Steve> eliminate the .forward file and run with something else to make
Steve> this work.  I don't want some overzealous user nuking their
Steve> .forward file thinking that it shouldn't be there or is unneeded
Steve> causing them not to get their mail filtered.  I can't remember if
Steve> I installed any milters on the old mail server, but I certainly
Steve> haven't installed any on this one.  Is that maybe what I need?
Steve> And if so, which one?

Assuming sendmail is the transport agent (you don't write that, but
should), you need FEATURE(local_procmail) in your sendmail.mc.

--
Optimist: We're only two weeks behind schedule.
Pessimist: The schedule is a whole two weeks ahead of us.