Re: Is there a simpler way to exec procmail?

2005-04-22 03:27:24
At 21:16 2005-04-21 -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
Assuming sendmail is the transport agent (you don't write that, but
should), you need FEATURE(local_procmail) in your sendmail.mc.

Well, if one wants to make bold assumptions, a good starting place might be that the OP would likely be posting from his own mail server. If that is the case, then a simple check of port 25 at his primary MX shows him to be running Exim.

Check your Exim documentation on how to configure procmail as "local delivery agent" (LDA) or "local mailer" or somesuch. As a start point, see these messages at the exim website:

<http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20030317/051357.html>
<http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20020325/036876.html>

(further searches of exim.org for "procmail" and "LDA" should net some worthwhile results, though I imagine a dose of RTFM for that MTA might be in order).

Caveat: I don't use Exim, so I can't answer any Exim-specific config questions.