Re: identifying no "From" header

2005-07-23 11:58:12
Lloyd Standish schreef:

The procmail log simply indicates that the second condition line is
not fulfilled.

Here is the recipe (CC_ contains the previously-extracted Cc header.
WL is "no"):

 : 0
 * ! WL ?? ^^yes^^
 * ^From:([ ]$|$)|!^From:|^From:.*<>
 {
     WL="yes"
     :0 fwh
     | formail -I"Cc: (no from) ${CC_}"
 }

At first I thought that you were giving the Cc: header field an invalid
value, but inserting a "(comment)" should cause no problems.
The '!' inside the condition can only be at the start.

  : 0
  * ! WL ?? ^^yes^^
  * ! ^From:
  {
      WL = 'yes'
      :0 fwh
      | formail -I"Cc: (no from) ${CC_}"
  }

will do what you asked, but from your recipe I see that you are not only
interested in a missing From: header field, but also try to detect
whether the From: header field is special.

  WSP = '  '  # 2 characters: space & tab
  OR  = '9876543210^0'

  :0
  *$ ^Cc:.*\/[^$WSP].*