Re: Welcome to the "procmail" mailing list

2005-07-31 02:28:47
On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 02:15:57PM +0530, Ligesh wrote:

[Please watch your line length.  I wrapped your text for you (us)
here using par.]

 This question was asked here before, but it did not seem to
 result in a solution. If I add a "filter through spamassassin"
 rule, procmail stops working and gives a 'no match' on all the
 subsequent rules. However, the message is alright, since if I
 comment out the spamassassin rule and then pass this message -
 The one that had earlier passed through spamassasin - through
 procmail, it works fine.

 I would like to know what could be the problem.

Well, what does this problem recipe look like?  Why didn't you
post it?  What do verbose logs say?

My guess based on your entirely scanty information is that you might
have a recipe with an H-flag on the first line, disabling subsequent
recipes that are written to look only at the body.

There is a known bug with regard to the H-flag, and it should be
employed with alternative syntax.

This has been described many times in the searchable list archives
at www.procmail.org (lower down on the page), so I won't repeate
it here, especially seeing as how I have no real idea if that is
your problem because you didn't give enough useful information
to know with more accuracy.  The issue is also described well on
Nancy McGough's QuickStart procmail pages, which are in any case
a worthwhile read: http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/

Dallman