Re: Welcome to the "procmail" mailing list

2005-07-31 04:32:38
On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 12:29:54PM +0200, Dallman Ross wrote:

While that's not your problem, it is another problem.  Why
don't you remove the lockfile, since it's not necessary here
and is only confusing procmail?

procmail: No match on "^X-Spam-Status:.*Yes"

Well, apparently  "spamassassin -a" is not creating the X-Spam-Status:
header, so you won't get a match.

 I did try without the '-a' too, but it doesn't seem to work, and no-match at
x-spam-status is not the issue. It is giving no match at everywhere, and when
the spamassassin rule is hashed out and the same message is sent, it does match
'ligesh.com'.

procmail: Assigning "INCLUDERC=.etc/mail/proc-ligesh-forums"
procmail: No match on "^Delivered-To(_dot_)*lists(_at_)ligesh(_dot_)com"
procmail: Assigning "INCLUDERC=.etc/mail/spamfilter"
procmail: No match on "^From.*fabmart.com"
procmail: No match on "^From.*fabmall.com"
procmail: No match on "^From.*bazee.com"
procmail: No match on
"^From.*(baazee.com|fabmart.com|abgymnics.com|ewrma.com)"
procmail: Assigning "INCLUDERC=.etc/mail/dump.prc"
procmail: No match on "^From.*redhat"
procmail: No match on
"^(Delivered-To|To)(_dot_)*gxlists(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com"
procmail: No match on "^(Delivered-To|To)(_dot_)*(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com"
procmail: No match on "^From(_dot_)*auto-notification(_at_)elance(_dot_)com"
procmail: No match on "^X-Mailer: PhpCollab"
procmail: No match on "^To.*wordorigins"
procmail: No match on "^To.*wordoftheday.*"
procmail: No match on "^(To|Cc|Delivered-To)(_dot_)*(_at_)ligesh(_dot_)com"
procmail: No match on "^(To|Cc|Delivered-To).*lxhelp"
procmail: No match on "^From.*Mail Delivery .*system"
procmail: Locking "mail/mboxes/rest.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=mail/mboxes/rest"

What is it about that that you think isn't working?

 If I send the same message - the one that had already passed through the
spamassassin - again, it actually gets a match at '@ligesh.com', which is how
it should work ideally. But if with the spamassassin rule added, it doesn't
match anywhere and is dumped into the rest folder.

--------------------------

 i will check out the links that you have specified.  Btw, which
 is the MUA that you are using? Just curious. I am using vim,
 which allows me treat a paragraph as a single line.

I am writing this in vim.  That is not the problem.  I'm not interested
in learning how to write with an entire paragraph as one line: I already
can do so.  The point is, it's *rude* to do so.  I don't *read* my email
in vim (unless I'm replying).  I read my email in mutt (as my mail headers
could have told you).

  Since you complained, I thought you might be stuck with some tremendously
outdated and absurdly ill-conceived softwares like emacs. Mutt word-wraps
pretty much neatly, and I never though a mutt user would complain about a
single line paragraph.

Sorry, but I have to laugh out loud at the analogy your  words here made
me think of.  Suppose I had written, "please don't double-park your car
in the middle of the road!" and you had answered, "What kind of a car
do you drive?  I drive a BMW, and it lets me steer it into the middle of
the street and park it."

 What do you mean? A paragraph is ideally a single line. Why do you think it
should be arbitrarily split at 75chars? From where does this 75chars come from
anyway? Your message will get completely garbled in a pda, or if my terminal
has less than 75 chars. On the other hand the single line paragraph will work
no matter what's your terminal screen width. So what's your point?

  It is the the prerogative of the final display software to wrap the paragraph
as it sees fit, and the sender should not make any assumptions regarding this.
Yeah, every rule should have some basic logic. If the government comes up with
a law stating that no one should ever travel more than 75kmph anywhere, I would
normally ask what kind of car does this particular government bureaucrat ride?
Is he still stuck up with some 1914 Ford Model T, and have completely failed to
realize that world has moved on since then? Normally I would start questioning
the sanity of the person who asks me to put newlines at some arbitrary place
(75 char is absurdly arbitrary since currently the screen widths range from
40chars to more than 150).

  I have integrated mailing list with forum, and messages with hard newlines at
75 chars look really ugly when displayed in a forum, but single line pargaraphs
will work everywhere (Except in some insanities like emacs, which no sane
person should use anyway.).