OT (Was: Re: problem with spamassassin and following rules)

2005-07-31 05:38:25
On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 05:46:43PM +0530, Ligesh wrote:

If he replies I will post it here, so that it will turn up in
google for the next person does the search.

While I have nothing against Google, please note that this list has had
a searchable archive for about the last ten years.
linked from the main page at www.procmail.org.

I have tonsillitis at the moment and don't have the energy to
continue the discussion about list netiquette and email formatting,
and it's rather OT anyway.  But maybe someone else will pick up the
gauntlet.  However -- and this is intended more as an observation
than a major flame, so please don't get too bent out of shape, but --
I note that you didn't include an attribution for the person you
quoted (Michelle Konzack, but I have elided her text here); and you
also emailed me instead of the list, previously.  Not cardinal
sins, and mistakes happen, but all these things in concert lead
me to conclude that your list-posting skills may not be what you
think they are.  Nearly endless line-lengths are not the way to
post to text lists.  Here's your message I'm replying to as it
appears in the unexpiring "official" archive:

Do you think that looks all so readable?

Dallman, not really intending to sound angry, but it probably does
nonetheless