Re: OT

2005-07-31 17:00:38
On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 03:20:24AM +0530, Ligesh wrote:
On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 01:08:09PM -0700, Professional Software Engineering
wrote:
At 00:18 2005-08-01 +0530, Ligesh wrote:

 You need to change your stupid mail archiving software that does  not
wrap lines properly. Your statement can be rephrased as: If you come to
an  insane asylum, you better start acting mad.

See my prior response to you.

What you're saying is that the standards by which everyone else manages to
communicate don't apply to you, and that everyone else should do as YOU
want.

 Every standard should have a reason. I am ready to defend my actions, and
logically too.  People have a habit of just following something because
everyone else does it. So should I just blindly follow some idiotic procedure
just because the whole world is doing so?  And as I have said above, the 75
char lines screws up in a lot of places, especially in forums, where it ruins
the whole appearance.  I used to use vm (The mailer in Emacs), and I used to
post messages to forums using the emacs itslef, and I really hate the way it is
displayed there.  And anyway, I am not the only one. Quite a lot of people -
especially ones using Outlook - use a single line paragraph, and again, my
posts used to look ugly when juxtapositioned with their replys. All in all, I
find quite a lot of advantages to single line paragraphs, and quite a few
disadvantages to the 75 char style. That is all.

--
:: Ligesh :: http://ligesh.com