Re: include custom scripts

2005-10-12 00:30:45
-- Udi Mottelo <uuddii(_at_)eng(_dot_)tau(_dot_)ac(_dot_)il> wrote:

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, saravanan ganapathy wrote:

-- Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 03:26:44AM -0700,
saravanan
ganapathy
wrote:

I configured procmail as MDA for sendmail.

[snip]

I want to call the script after the mail
delivery.
Please help me what to change in .procmail.rc
file.

Perhaps run it via the TRAP command.

You set that in the .procmailrc, and it runs
after
all
is finished.

  TRAP = 'myscript $LASTFOLDER'

Dallman

Yah It works. Thx

I need one more help. Is there any possibility
that
procmail can say 'error in mail delivery' if any
error
occurs in the script which I included?

      I still don't understand if "delivery" by FTP or
"delivery"
      into the folder, however you can check the script
with this:

:0
* ! ? $YourFtpScript
{
LOG="error in mail delivery
"
HOST
}

As I posted earlier, I am going to setup multiple MTAs
for load balancing. It works fine. I use script to
copy into mutilple servers once a mail is received by
MTA1.
MTA1 is the main server which 'll receive mails and
then copy into other MTAs. So the mails in all MTAs
should be sync. If any problem in the
connection/script, then mails won't be sync. Thatswhy
I want MTA1 to say 'mail not accepted temporarily' to
sending MTA if any error in the script ( even though
mail delivered to local mail box) . So that sending
MTA will try to resend some time later.

Is that possible? If so , how to do it?

Sarav