Re: Who is the procmail maintainer? (revisited 2005)

2005-11-11 18:00:52
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
I really don't understand the fierce opposition to facilitating new
features.  Properly implemented, extended features can be used alongside a
compliant "compatability mode" parser.  I suggest those who want to hold on
to old versions go and check to see if your recipes work on an older
version of procmail.  INCLUDERC?  Sorry.

Methinks it's time for a fork. Those who are diametrically opposed to
extended features can continue to use the "untainted" procmail 3.22 from
2002. The rest of us can move forward.

I'll be happy to host a subversion repository for procmail-new or something.

-Dan