Re: Who is the procmail maintainer? (revisited 2005)

2005-11-11 18:30:57
Professional Software Engineering:

I extract the From_ date *AND* call date (to parse the Date:
field) so as to check lag times and bogoid messages, so to do that,
I'm definatley getting hit with the overhead of an external process,
to do something that is just a standard C library call away...

You can do that with mktime:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rvtol/procmail -> mktime.103.rc and inc ->
mktime.103.rc.inc

I really don't understand the fierce opposition to facilitating new
features.

I am all for new features.

I'd really like to see procmail be able to parse multipart messages,
handle encodings (imagine being able to search for text and match it
even if it is encoded, just by indicating you want to search the
"decoded" target - much like there's the B and H variables), and to
have some additional functions built in (such as date, PCRE, sed-like
operators, DNSBL type lookups and other DNS operations, etc).

Perl et al. can already do all that.

--
Grtz, Ruud