Re: procmail for individual users on server

2005-12-08 07:12:40
MailingList:

Ruud:
MailingList:

Please reply to the list. Please leave the attribution.

It appears that the users own procmailrc is not being processed.

I assume that you mean the ".procmailrc" (dot-procmailrc) in the
home->directory of the user?

Yes. The file is ".procmailrc"

OK

Out the box the procmail I have has the following in the global
config file

The "global config file", is that "/etc/procmailrc"?

Yes.

OK

 :0 H
 * ^X-Spam-Status:.*Yes
 {
   EXITCODE=67
   :0:
   spam
 }

Is that the whole contents of "/etc/procmailrc"?

Yes.

OK. Add a LOGFILE. Start with VERBOSE='on'.

Procmail QuickStart:
http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/

What is in the "~user/.procmailrc"?

It is just a very simple test at this stage....

  :0:
  !mwharton(_at_)pcvic(_dot_)org(_dot_)au

OK, that is a test. I think that $LOGFILE would have shown you that the
locking is not required.

Who is the owner of that file,
did you create it while being logged in as that user?

No. Now that you mention this, I did create it as root. I did however
change the ownership in webmin file manager to user:vs1040 - the user
whose HOME it is and Group:root

That Group:root could be a problem.

From `man procmail`:

The  $HOME/.procmailrc  file has the additional constraint of not being
group-writable or in a group-writable directory.

--
Grtz, Ruud