Re: procmail for individual users on server

2005-12-08 04:26:42
MailingList:

It appears that the users own procmailrc is not being processed.

I assume that you mean the ".procmailrc" (dot-procmailrc) in the
home-directory of the user?

Out the box the procmail I have has the following in the global
config file

The "global config file", is that "/etc/procmailrc"?

# send mail through SpamAssassin

 :0 H
 * ^X-Spam-Status:.*Yes
 {
   EXITCODE=67
   :0:
   spam
 }

Is that the whole contents of "/etc/procmailrc"? (You can remove the
H-flag.)

Dependent on how your mail system is setup, this recipe can result in
bounces to innocent addresses.
That 67 means "addressee unknown".

What I want is to create a rc that is unique to a particular user but
even when I place the .procmailrc in the home file it appears to not
to be seen - in other words it does not carry out the desired
functions. It was only when I placed the rc in the global .procmailrc
that it did anything.

Use LOGFILE, see `man procmailrc` and `man procmailex`, to find out if
the user's .procmailrc is really not used.

I have placed the .procmailrc in the /home/[user]
I have added the rc instruction in .procmailrc

What is in the "~user/.procmailrc"? Who is the owner of that file, did
you create it while being logged in as that user?

--
Grtz, Ruud