Re: procmail for individual users on server

2005-12-08 10:28:31
At 12:18 2005-12-08 +0100, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
MailingList:

It appears that the users own procmailrc is not being processed.

I assume that you mean the ".procmailrc" (dot-procmailrc) in the
home-directory of the user?

Out the box the procmail I have has the following in the global
config file

The "global config file", is that "/etc/procmailrc"?

To reinforce Ruud's statements:  the /etc/procmailrc is NOT a dot-file,
because system files shouldn't be hidden.  The procmail rc file in the
user's home directory IS a dot-file (to reduce clutter).

If you made a 'procmailrc' file and it wouldn't work in the home dir, it
was probably because it wasn't a '.procmailrc'.

This is probably something I should add to my procdiag script - looking for
the presence of a procmailrc in the user dir and a dot-procmailrc in /etc/
and reporting the likelyhood of a naming failure.