Re: OT: removing file attachments

2006-01-04 09:02:13
G.W. Haywood wrote:
If you use mimedefang you can do whatever you want with the parts
individually.  And you can do lots of other useful stuff too.

   From what I've been reading, mimedefang requires sendmail,
correct?  Can it be used as a standalone script?  If I have
to link it in with sendmail, I'd rather not use it, because
it took me too long to get sendmail working correctly in the
first place. (=

Dallman Ross wrote:
reformime can do it too.  That's part of the maildrop package,
I believe.

   That is correct.  I have been checking it out, and am not yet
certain as to how I might go about stripping the winmail.dat
attachment.  It appears that I need to use -e to extract the
attachment contents to stdout (in this case, /dev/null) and
-s to indicate the section of which I am removing.  I don't
yet understand how to indicate the correct section.  If I need
to use the 1.1 1.2 numbers to indicate the section, at this
point I don't know how to determine which section contains
the winmail.dat file.

   Hm...

Thanks for the tips on direction though!!

Mr Duck