Re: Halting delivery on program failure

2006-03-23 11:08:56

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

[...]
As for the logging and SA not working, I found the problem: my logfile
had grown too large (>50MB). Leads to my next question: why does
procmail limit the size of the logfile? And how can I change that
limit/remove it?

        Jim, did you ever tried to sort and dig in problem from 50M
        of text file?  I know it_is_possible, but..

        If I must to keep my logs long back to the history I split it:

TM=`date '+%Y%m%%d'`
LOG=/some/where/log-$TM

        (90Mb average in my system) If I can bearing bigger files I
        set TM to be:

TM=`date '+%Yw%U'`

        The `w' remind my that the logs are splitted weekly.

Bye,
  Udi