Re: handling spam with exitcode=67

2006-04-06 09:36:19
On Apr 6, 2006, at 4:40 AM, Don Russell wrote:
Michael J Wise wrote:
On Apr 5, 2006, at 7:41 PM, Don Russell wrote:
of course the sender may be spoofed...
MAY be spoofed?

In this context, I mean the person (robot) that sent the spam may not
actually use the proper From: header, return path:, etc.

You haven't had to deal with this much, have you?

So when using EXITCODE=67 this way, *I* may send an "undeliverable"
message to someone who didn't actually send me anything. The up-side is
that will tell them some process is abusing *their* e-mail address.

Ah.
So you SUPPORT Joe-Jobing.
I hope your access is cancelled because of it.

In short, your idea is a bad one.
It was a bad one when I first saw someone else do it about 5 years ago.
And it's a worse one now.
My advice is: Don't.

Aloha mai Nai`a!
--