Re: handling spam with exitcode=67

2006-04-06 09:49:10
On Thu, April 6, 2006 10:40 am, Don Russell said:

In this context, I mean the person (robot) that sent the spam may not
actually use the proper From: header, return path:, etc.

So when using EXITCODE=67 this way, *I* may send an "undeliverable"
message to someone who didn't actually send me anything. The up-side is
that will tell them some process is abusing *their* e-mail address.

bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea

If some 10,000 zombie MSPCs are sending spam purporting to come from my
address to 10 million targets I certainly don't need even one brain-dead
procmail recipe telling me about it. There ain't anything *I* can do about
it anyway. Just dump 'em silently and forget about it.

Rich