Whole new question - procmail almost working

2006-06-16 13:05:35
Following some points that Sean made, I:

Changed DS so that fax.htt-consult.com. is defined via an A RR.

Added to /etc/hosts

localhost      fax.htt-consult.com

Deleted everything I had in sendmail for fax.htt-consult.com

And started over:

In /etc/mail/mailertable

fax.htt-consult.com    procmail:/etc/procmailrc

and in /etc/procmailrc

:0
* ^(To|Cc|Bcc)(_dot_)*(_at_)fax(_dot_)htt-consult(_dot_)com
/var/spool/asterfax/inbox/

This ALMOST works.

What I now have are 3 directories under /var/spool/asterfax/inbox/

inbox]# ls -ls
total 12
4 drwx------  2 root root 4096 Jun 16 15:44 cur
4 drwx------  2 root root 4096 Jun 16 15:44 new
4 drwx------  2 root root 4096 Jun 16 15:44 tmp

cur and tmp are empty  for new:

ls -ls new
total 4
4 -rw-------  1 root root 839 Jun 16 15:44
1150487099.5963_0.sip.htt-consult.com

and that file has the proper content, that is the TO: header was left alone.

Now what?  I suppose I can simple point asterfax at /inbox/new and let
it handle the contents there....

And Sean, thanks for the pointers.