Re: Whole new question - procmail almost working

2006-06-16 17:59:28
At 15:57 2006-06-16 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Following some points that Sean made, I:

Changed DS so that fax.htt-consult.com. is defined via an A RR.

Added to /etc/hosts

localhost      fax.htt-consult.com

If fax appears in DNS, this is unnecessary, and the definition of localhost
to anything other than 127.0.0.1 isn't particularly adviseable.

Deleted everything I had in sendmail for fax.htt-consult.com

See my other followup post.

fax.htt-consult.com    procmail:/etc/procmailrc

If you're conducting something special for this domain, you should use
something in /etc/procmailrcs/ - then OTHER mail on the system won't be
subjected to the special handling (say something which is cc'd to another
non-fax account).

and that file has the proper content, that is the TO: header was left alone.

Now what?  I suppose I can simple point asterfax at /inbox/new and let
it handle the contents there....

I've no idea what asterfax expects.  I figured that because you had a
specific dir your were putting things in, and knew you wanted individual
files, that there was already some external process working the dir...