Re: empty body

2006-06-19 15:45:00
On 19 Jun 2006, at 16:26 , Udi Mottelo wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
Piotr KUCHARSKI schreef:

[H-flag used]
Thanks for the tip! I'll rearrange recipes.

If you mean: change the order, then don't.

Remove the H-flag everywhere: it causes the problem and it is never
needed.

      Never needed?

Never say never, but this is the rule that proves the exception --
er, something like that.  It is NEVER needed.

WHy?

man procmail

        H    Egrep the header (default).

Since H is the default action, there is no need to ever specify it.

  Ruud, you work with short messages? with no
      attachments? :-)

What's that have to do with anything?  The body is not checked unless
you add a B flag.

BTW, here's a little oddity:

$ man procmailrc | egrep  " H"
        H    Egrep the header (default).
        a    Has  the  same meaning as the `A' flag, with the
additional condi-
        W    Has  the same meaning as the `w' flag, but will suppress
any `Pro-
        LOGNAME, HOME and SHELL
        HOST                  The current hostname
        HOST        If  this  is not the hostname of the machine,
processing of
                    if it successfully delivered the message  or  if
the  HOST
        quotes are required) will expand to the specified
arguments.   However,
$ man procmailrc | egrep  "H "
        H    Egrep the header (default).
        sumed to be an MH folder; i.e., procmail will use the  next
number  it
        an  MH  folder  or  maildir  folder, procmail will create the
necessary
                    (not used when delivering to a maildir or an MH
directory).
                  right  part  will  be assigned to the MATCH
environment vari-
        The /usr/local/etc/procmailrc file cannot change the PATH
setting  seen
        Some non-optimal and non-obvious regexps set MATCH to an
incorrect val-
$ man procmailrc | egrep  " H "
$

???

--
and I swear it happened just like this: / a sigh, a cry, a hungry
kiss / the Gates of Love they budged an inch / I can't say much has