Re: Need a formula for forwarding and rejecting email from lists

2006-07-08 07:55:53
On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 07:14:40AM -0700, $Bill Luebkert wrote:

Dallman Ross wrote:

I understand that you what to ensure the entries are lower-case.
Your approach is inefficient, however.

You always run each message through tr twice.  Chances are, the
address is already lower-case.  Even if it's not, we only need tr
once if we rewrite the algorithm.

That's not my code - it's the ISP's code and I can't change it.

Okay, but you could forward my message to the sysadmin.
If they have zero interest in improving dumb code, then switch
ISPs.  For shell, I reccomend, e.g., panix.com.

You're missing the real point.  I only need the 2 rules coded.  The
above code is from the ISP's script (only put there for reference).

I read a couple of other follow-ups that seemed to address these
points already.  That's why I didn't respond to them.  Procmail
is not an MTA.  It can't know who was bcc'd already.  That is
what Sean already wrote, and someone else (Kreme?) gave the link
to a FAQ about it.  David Tamkin had a good point also, in that
one could always forward to all and use traps at the recipient
end to drop duplicates (which most will be).

Dallman