Re: Need a formula for forwarding and rejecting email from lists

2006-07-08 18:24:01
Dallman Ross wrote:

Okay, but you could forward my message to the sysadmin.
If they have zero interest in improving dumb code, then switch
ISPs.  For shell, I reccomend, e.g., panix.com.

My current webshite hosting costs about $10/mo with shell access and
everything I need.  I'll pass on panix.com's rates.  :)

I read a couple of other follow-ups that seemed to address these
points already.  That's why I didn't respond to them.  Procmail
is not an MTA.  It can't know who was bcc'd already.  That is
what Sean already wrote, and someone else (Kreme?) gave the link
to a FAQ about it.  David Tamkin had a good point also, in that
one could always forward to all and use traps at the recipient
end to drop duplicates (which most will be).

I've only had the two responses which did nothing for my cause -
I would have thought they were two simple recipes that anyone
fairly adept in Procmail scripting could easily handle.  I don't
understand the variable/expr syntax yet - now in Perl I could
easily handle it.  :)

I re-posted the simple two rules I needed in response to the first
reply, hopefully someone can fix/verify them for me.

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 10:20:57AM -0500, Gerald V. Livingston II