Re: systemwide procmailrc and user

2006-07-15 03:01:53

On Friday 14 July 2006 13:15, Dallman Ross wrote:
On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 11:49:29AM +0200, Rene Borchers wrote:
As I understand when procmail reaches the end of the
/etc/procmailrc-courier it dumps the mail at the Default location
unless there is a .procmailrc in the users homedir. So I made the
./home/user/.procmailrc with a test recipe but still all the mail
goes to the Default location.

Can someone give me a direction to look for to get it right

It may well be, on your system, that users need to have a .forward
file set up for procmail to be invoked for them.

See Nancy McGough's QuickStart FAQ.

http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/

Dallman

Indeed, the forward file was missing, it's now working (sort off) the system
wide procmailrc is ignored and the one in the users homedir is processed

I was thinking of a smooth transition betweem the systemwide and user
procmailrc, but all the mail is dumped in the inbox due to no filtering rules
in the user procmailrc.  the systemwide version is still in its original
state.

To my idea the systemwiide should be processed first and than switching to the
user version. A idea would be welcome. In the mean time..   --  user aided
mail  filtering --.

Rene