Re: systemwide procmailrc and user

2006-07-15 06:22:24
On Saturday July 15, 2006 5:32 am, Rene Borchers wrote:

Indeed, the forward file was missing, it's now working (sort off) the
system wide procmailrc is ignored and the one in the users homedir is
processed

I was thinking of a smooth transition betweem the systemwide and user
procmailrc, but all the mail is dumped in the inbox due to no filtering
rules in the user procmailrc.  the systemwide version is still in its
original state.

To my idea the systemwiide should be processed first and than switching to
the user version. A idea would be welcome. In the mean time..   --  user
aided mail  filtering --.

Are you using Postfix?  I am using Postfix and Courier and no ~/.forward files
and both my systemwide /etc/procmailrc and the user procmailrc's are used.
I know this because I have Clamassassin invoked in the systemwide procmailrc
and Spamassassin from user procmailrc's.

8)