Re: Help with filtering the sender

2006-10-03 04:28:48
Professional Software Engineering schreef:

just using plussing right off helps shed spam and
viruses.  Seems a fair number of address harvesters don't grok + as a
legitimate email address component, and so they parse the RHS of the
plussed address

Yes, so it's a big pity (pain in the yonder;) that so many websites
reject plussed addresses. Most of these websites are probably called
MySomething, but I hit the problem too on developers sites like that of
Nokia. "Invalid character in email address." and such. I always complain
back about it, but hardly ever get a proper reply.

--
Groet, Ruud