Re: Help with filtering the sender

2006-10-03 13:57:20
On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:

RHvT>
RHvT> Yes, so it's a big pity (pain in the yonder;) that so many websites
RHvT> reject plussed addresses. Most of these websites are probably called
RHvT> MySomething, but I hit the problem too on developers sites like that of
RHvT> Nokia. "Invalid character in email address." and such. I always complain
RHvT> back about it, but hardly ever get a proper reply.
RHvT>
RHvT>

I have had two or three successes getting plussed addressing accepted.
However, for one, I received an email reply from admin(_at_)example(_dot_)com
stating that they had never heard of a plus sign in an email address and
that I should check again.  I sent him the relevant rfc but never heard
back.  Perhaps I shouldn't have pointed out that you can also have a space
as it may have been too confusing.

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )