Re: Determining a message's size in Procmail

2006-12-11 12:51:50
=- Michael J Wise wrote on Mon 11.Dec'06 at  9:03:05 -1000 -=

If you write it out as a single multi-line line[1] (heh...), it
doesn't get messed up.
No locking required.
Even the logabstract doesn't have that feature, as I found out a
long time ago.

*sigh*

That's why I suggested you try : locking despite using maildir.
The idea was that the : locking would control the write access to
the logfile even in abstract mode, so that you could extract all
you wanted from there (like I do). The sync-problem was why you
switched to this TRAP, or not?

Aha ... why not simply keep a copy of all your mail archived in a
separate folder rather then a logfile with

(my bad: than the)

:0c:
$ARCHIVE

# ???

There can't be more "EVERYTHING" than that.

Because then the users would complain....
It's not "My" email, as such, that we're discussing, you see.
When people violently disagree about something...
Most of the time, they're not actually talking about the same thing.
Even though both parties may THINK they are.

Sure, but isn't the _original_ eMail better suited than some
entries in your logfile?

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.