Re: Determining a message's size in Procmail

2006-12-09 05:03:50
=- Michael J Wise wrote on Sat  9.Dec'06 at  0:12:47 -1000 -=

The point is, I've turned off the log abstract, because I prefer
a more verbose log, and the abstract just gets in the way, and
since the logfiles are not an "atomic" operation, there's no
guarantee that the rest of the logs and the abstract will in
fact be adjacent on a "Busy" mail system.

a) does this happen even with : locking?
        (since I have everything locked I haven't seen this happen
        again anymore)

b) I use a "digest" awk-script that converts the abstract to my
liking. Given the logfile's simple form it's easy to figure out.
If interested reply in private.

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.