Re: fetchmail to procmail to smtp server

2007-01-13 20:20:13
Thanks for the reply, and sorry for not being more specific. I kinda
gathered it _is_ possible (I remember the day someone said to me "Try using
procmail instead, it can do anything"). :)

I have looked and searched, but cannot find any info on forwarding or lan
forwarding a received mail. Most examples and tutorials discuss forwarding
to another email address rahter than delivering the email to a SMTP server.

Can you help with the recipe?

Thanks again.

On 1/13/07, Don Russell <don(_at_)drussell(_dot_)dnsalias(_dot_)com> wrote:

Paul Goodyear wrote:
> I have fetchmail collecting emails and procmail is putting them thru
> RazorSPAM, SA and ClamAV, then placed in the users mailbox.
>
> I also have some other email acocunts and I would like to get them
> colelcted via the mail server using fetchmail, processed by procmail
> for the spam and av, then forwarded to a SMTP server on the same
> network (Kerio Mail Server).
>
> Can I grab the emails for various POP3 accounts, process and SMTP
> forward to another server using procmail rules?

Yes, create a ~/.fetchmailrc file to poll your different POP3 etc mail
accounts.
That will feed the messages through the SMTP server on the local machine.
Use procmail to redirect the appropriate message to other servers as
required.

Note: You may want to add an X-Loop: header to such forwarded messages
in case they find their way back to you...  one of your first recipes in
procmail ought to be an "x-loop catcher" to terminate an infinite loop
of sending/receiving the same e-mail message.