Re: Lookup inside a procmail script

2007-02-23 11:10:55
On 23-Feb-2007, at 09:41, DR. Lee - NS1 wrote:
Not to defend the responsibility of Microsoft, I do think the
difficulty
of sendmail to config is also a contributing factor. For people
like us who has a mailserver for simple routine task, how to config
sendmail is a nightmare. I have been asking around how to make
sendmail allows only the person with Linux login and password to
send/receive but yet to find a 'positive' answer. Change access,
change trustuser or change relay-doamins etc. there are so many
options and no one seem to sure which option do what and how each
interact with other.

Then don't use sendmail.  It's an antiquated and difficult system,
and  think it's largely retarded. But there are tons of other choices
out there.

I went with procmail myself, but some others are quite a bit simpler.

Not everybody willing to spend enough time reading all manual
pages; and
even if they do read,
they most likely can not understand them and put them into action.
Up to
now, I still do not know
whether our server has been configured properly, at least to not allow
unauthorized use as
spam/junk delivery machine. On the other hand, asking a question to do
with window, you can
guarantee a lot replies.

You can get replies for any mailserver software.  Postfix has a very
good and very active postfix-users list, as do Courier, cyrus, and
others.  And last I looked, they all have a single readme with
instructions on how to get up and running, securely, with minimal
work.  Heck, the postfix main.cf file has enough comments for most of
the configuration.

--
Why live in the world when you can live in your head?