RE: Lookup inside a procmail script

2007-02-24 13:25:41
At 13:06 2007-02-24 +0800, DR. Lee - NS1 wrote:

Any suggestion  a good mail server for Linux?

This is the procmail support list.  It's for the program PROCMAIL.  If
you're looking for linux support or information on MTAs, please find an
appropriate venue.

I realize you've found an internet resource with a bunch of people who talk
about mail, but it's like talkint to a wine maker about raisin production
or grape jelly - it's the same basic commodity, but a very different product.

I often see people refer to Postfix and sendmail together, thus got an
impression that it is an extension.

postfix is a wholly separate MTA.  there's a binary called "sendmail" which
is implemented one way or another on most of the alternative MTAs so as to
allow programs which were written with sendmail (and commanline syntax for
same) in mind to continue to run.  That's just a stub which in turn issues
the program to the acutal MTA.  Note that advanced syntax (such as debug
and test operations) don't necessarily get implemented in such stubs.