Re: Is 'Mark as read' possible?

2007-08-28 13:47:04
On Tuesday 28 Aug 2007, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Anne Wilson <cannewilson(_at_)googlemail(_dot_)com> [08-28-07 14:09]:
I never set a return address, largely because it causes problems on
some mailing lists.

I don't understand this statement.  I always set the "From:" address.
Perhaps I should not have said "return".

Apologies, then.  I thought you were implying the Reply-To field, which was
why I didn't understand you.

I don't use googlemail's smtp, so I'm not certain what you are saying.

I see that you don't.  From the header of your post:

   by david.lydgate.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 701B8C9192 for
   <procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>; Tue, 28 Aug 2007
19:06:53 +0100 (BST)

Your message shows your gmail address, so as far as I can see, that's
just the way I'm using it.

there was no comment about *your* usage.  Mr. Livingston commented:

<quote>
I won't ever use gmail for a list subscription for this reason. I *WANT*
the copy with the list headers added. And I don't want to jump through
extra hoops to make a copy of my sent messages in my list folders even
if he headers weren't important.
</quote>

the comment you have responded was about the above quote.  :^)

You're right - sorry I did reply to the wrong message.

I have explained to the list several times that googlemail was in no way
implicated in the problem I had, and that it appears to act satisfactorily
for me, yet there has been continued accusations of sub-standard behaviour.
I can't help but feel that, without a direct link to the question, this
discussion is out of place.

Sorry it seemed aimed at you.

Anne