Re: Is 'Mark as read' possible?

2007-08-28 10:24:13
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:45:08 +0100 Anne Wilson
<cannewilson(_at_)googlemail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

PS - I got this one through without a problem.  Perhaps somewhere something
is
suppressing duplicate files, so if a copy goes to me and to the list, only
one arrives.

I think this was discussed on this list as well (but possibly elsewhere,
I'm on a lot of lists). gmail, and I assume by extension -- googlemail,
eats your messages to the list that are returned to you FROM the list
because it identifies messages by Message-ID and deletes "duplicates" as
they arrive. There is already a copy on your "Sent" so it thinks the
incoming message is a duplicate (which, VERY technically, it is --- with
the exception of a few new headers added by the list).

I won't ever use gmail for a list subscription for this reason. I *WANT*
the copy with the list headers added. And I don't want to jump through
extra hoops to make a copy of my sent messages in my list folders even if
he headers weren't important.

Gerald