Re: "mailbox as soft link" problem

2008-07-10 11:05:38
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008, Markus Krause wrote:
We have a mail server (IBM linux machine, with SuSE Linux), 16 CPU (Xeon
2,5GHz), 16 GB RAM, 500 GB RAID5.....
...Sometimes we were getting a load of up to 250.....
...disk i/o is near 100% all the time.....
...users mailboxes, some (about 25) have inboxes of over 1.5 GB....

Wild idea: Could this be your *memory* and/or *swap* space? Are there any
load issues there? If your system is trying to virtualize ~32GB of memory,
it could be thrashing those disks big-time trying to keep everyone going.

Can you see whether the i/o to one of the two RAID arrays is higher
than the other? That might also point in the direction of swap or user
space....

- Charles