Re: recipe suddenly failing (long)

2008-08-23 10:48:09
I for one would like to see this thread just die.

Seems to me that Robert's immediate problem has been resolved, and surely it's been conveyed to him that there are a few portability/reliability things for him to address in his recipes - if he chooses to ignore them, that's his call. Likewise, we're not going to get anywhere harping on "normal details" or what the definition of a reasonable or applicable excerpt from his logfiles might be. Attacking his profession and education won't help either.

Yea, I know that I was pretty brutal in my response (wherein I actually pointed out the cause of his failure to backup), but the criticism stopped there. The continuing posts on this thread are nothing but a flame war - they're NOT working to resolve a problem.