Re: recipe suddenly failing (long)

2008-08-21 10:06:03
Robert Holtzman schreef:

procmail: Assigning "MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail/holtzm"
procmail: Couldn't chdir to "/var/spool/mail/holtzm"

No comment. :)

All this from 6 messages, Did you really want me to post the log file
with 200+ messages?

Whoever thinks that would be "normal details", is nuts.

MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail/holtzm # Make sure this directory exists!

Maybe it is changed to something like /var/spool/mail/h/holtzm.
Again: see $MAIL. Also see $DEFAULT.

  :0 ic
  | cd /home/holtzm/mail && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,32d`

You are sending the full message into that pipe. For what?

Don't know. That recipe was picked off of a web site shortly after I
started using Linux (RH6.0!). I knew little or nothing about regular
expressions or Procmail recipes at the time. I still don't consider
myself a guru. As I've said before, it worked and I never saw fit to
change it.

With a h-flag you can limit it to the header part of the message.

Another approach is

    __LOG = `cmd`

Your command is there to delete (dummy and) all msg.* (directories and)
files, but the most recent 32.

--
Groet, Ruud