Re: recipe suddenly failing

2008-08-18 02:38:45
Robert Holtzman schreef:
Ruud H.G. van Tol:

Show us a verbose log.

With logging turned on and vergose set to yes:

You didn't show a verbose log, you showed an empty part of it. I
consider that as wasting our time. Why don't you supply normal details?

Your mail problem is probably not about your backup.rc, but about how
your .procmailrc calls it.
After we tortured you for a while, you now told us about that structure,
so when will you spill how you implemented it?

(use $HOME in stead of /home/holtzm, and
set MAILDIR to $HOME/mail)

Reason?  MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail/holtzm has been working for years.
I'll consider it if you can supply a reason.

I prefer to use system config settings, like $HOME and $MAIL, for
setting such variables.

   :0 c
   /home/holtzm/mail/backup

You mentioned that "backup" is a file. That recipe has no locking flag.
Is locking arranged at the .procmailrc level?
How many messages does the file "backup" contain? You might be better of
with maildir-type delivery.

   :0 ic
   | cd /home/holtzm/mail && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,32d`

You are sending the full message into that pipe. For what?

An alternative is a "find -type f -exec" etc. command, based on file
dates.

--
Groet, Ruud