Creating a backup in procmailrc

2009-02-04 14:19:10
I'd like to create a backup of incoming mail in procmailrc for all the virtual users on the system. My idea was to put the mail into a /usr/ local/virtual/backupuser/ Maildir store and then expire it out after 90 days with a simple crontab:

5 5 * * 0 find /usr/local/virtual/ backup/ -type f -ctime +90 -exec rm {} \;

I simply created the directory (maildirmake /usr/local/virtual/ backup/) and then added

:0c
/usr/local/virtual/backup/

near the top of the procmailrc for the virtual users, and that all seems to be working, but my concern is that I am forgetting some obvious reason NOT to do this.

The 'backup' user is not a real user and no one can login to read all everyone's email, or even access the shell on the system at all (the virtual users do not have real shell user that correlate or anything like that).

--
Ten Minutes ago you beat a man senseless.
He was sensless before I beat him.