Re: Rule not being honored. Why?

2009-02-09 12:38:43
At 09:01 2009-02-09 -0700, LuKreme wrote:

THIS recipe, however, is invalid.

* ^From:(_dot_)root(_at_)rudun-nbmaster001(_dot_)cc1(_dot_)rush(_dot_)edu
* ^Subject:.L700 NetBackup
/opt/home/cbarnard/backups

And why is this appearing twice anyway, is it no the exact same as the
lines above?

Not EXACT - the a hostname differs.  The following rule would combine them:

:0:
* ^From:[       ]*root(_at_)rudun-nbmaster00(1|2)\.cc1\.rush\.edu
/opt/home/cbarnard/backups

The difference in hostnammes is handled by the regexp parentheticals. Dots are properly escaped, and the leading spaces between header and content are replaced with a space-tab character class instead of a single-character wildcard.

The OPs problem of course is that the second copy of the rule was missing the :0: at the beginning, which makes it an invalid rule, thus all the recipe hopscotch.

You do not need a lock on a /dev/null delivery.

Agreed.