Re: Out of Memory

2009-02-28 19:17:27
On 28-Feb-2009, at 06:08, Dallman Ross wrote:
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:02:15PM -0700, LuKreme wrote:

When trying to process a user Drafts mailbox I got this:

$ formail -n5 -s procmail -m DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/.Drafts /dev/ null <
Drafts
procmail: Out of memory

First of all, the message is from procmail, not formail, so I don't
see how it would be formail doing it.  Second, you are using the -n
option to process 5 messages concurrently rather than processing all
serially. So if you are having memory issues, why not stop doing that?

I did it without the -n5 first; I thought perhaps the -n5 would let it get through the rest of the messages while it struggled with the one, but to no avail. I finally opened up the mailbox, found the one 320MB movie file someone had tried (and failed, since it exceeds the maximum message size by more that 20 times) to send, deleted it, and all is right with the world.

Fourth, you still are not putting a / at the end of a maildir folrder.

Yes, typos are my bane (and yours too mr. Folrder :) and I should probably just copy/paste instead of retyping commands for the emails.

--
Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.