Re: Incorrect Resolution of $HOME Variable

2009-03-30 16:18:51
On 30-Mar-2009, at 12:17, James Butler wrote:
On a related note, I have been trying to get Procmail to pipe over to
Dovecot's DELIVER application to get messages into the Dovecot IMAP
structure,

Why?

Dovecot uses Maildir

MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/

:0
.fred/

Please see my "long post", the third in this thread, for all the gory
details. Summing up: Procmail CAN deliver a message to a Maildir IF I set
/home = chmod 777, /home/user2 = chmod 777 and /home/user2/Maildir = chmod
777, (chmod anything less fails) all of which are undesirable, however the
Procmail-delivered message is unusable to the Dovecot structure, which
uses a vastly different naming convention and chokes on the file names
generated by procmail ... if I ever decided to make all of those
directories world-executable, which I won't. I have detailed this in my
second, long, post.

procmail IS failing to resolve that variable. So that probably
counts as a PROBLEM, Mr. Straw.

Logs showing this?

Which log would show this more plainly than my example output from
'procmail-v' that began this thread? I will gladly post its output.

Thank you. (I'm not being snarky, and I hope the original post becomes
valuable enough to consider without the disparagement exhibited by Mr.
Straw. My second post contains lots of info about my setup and what has
been happening with it, but that post seems to have been overlooked.
Please indicate any info you want to see for troubleshooting this, and I
will provide it.)

James

Sorry for the double message, LuKreme.