Re: Incorrect Resolution of $HOME Variable

2009-03-31 19:25:26
OK, so you changed config.h in contradiction of what config.h says to
do.

config.h specifies that it *used* to be the place to define SYSTEM_MBOX.
Where that message appears is the place in the code where the definition
for SYSTEM_MBOX used to be, at least as recently as 1999. SYSTEM_MBOX is
no longer explicitly defined anywhere in the source files, and there is no
instruction that equates the MAILDIR variable with SYSTEM_MBOX. The notice
is more of an artifact for old-school users.

Regardless. I have now, again, made the change as you suggest, recompiled
and re-tested:

config.h
#define DEFmaildir "$HOME"

authenticate.c
#define MAILSPOOLDIR "$HOME/Maildir/"

after running make:

autoconf.h
#define MAILSPOOLDIR "$HOME/Maildir/"

The result is exactly as I have reported:

procmail -v
procmail v3.22 2001/09/10
...Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl(), lockf(), flock()
Default rcfile:         /etc/procmailrc
Your system mailbox:    $HOME/Maildir/root/

You can read all the delivery attempt output from my previous messages.

Thank you, again.

James