Re: Incorrect Resolution of $HOME Variable

2009-03-27 15:52:51
At 11:56 2009-03-27 -0700, James Butler wrote:

2) procmail -v
procmail v3.22 2001/09/10
Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl(), lockf(), flock()
Default rcfile:         /etc/procmailrc
Your system mailbox:    $HOME/Maildir/username/

### NOTE: Procmail did not resolve the $HOME variable!

It doesn't. In a C source file, $HOME is literally "$HOME". It doesn't expand as it would in a shell file. However, procmail resolves it when it goes to USE it.

Are you actually experiencing a PROBLEM, or is it merely that the version output doesn't show the expanded form?