Re: Incorrect Resolution of $HOME Variable

2009-03-31 18:36:29
On 31-Mar-2009, at 15:12, James Butler wrote:

you changed the value in both config.h and autoconf.h?

Yes: config.h was modified exactly as I wrote, and after running 'make' to
generate autoconf.h, I modified it exactly as above.

OK, so you changed config.h in contradiction of what config.h says to do.

OTOH, I went in and looked at config.h.  Did you read config.h?

Yes. I have been reading the source files and everything I can get my
hands on that might be related to this for the past 2 weeks. I am posting
to this mailing list as a last resort. As I wrote in my last message:

"I did not modify anything in config.h or in authenticate.c (or
autoconf.h, after 'make') except for those changes dictated by the
procmail docs"

But the config.h says to NOT make the changes there; to make them in authenticate.c. You changed them in both, which might well be why you are getting

/home/user/Maildir/user/Maildir

--
There are strange things done in the midnight sun/By the men who
        moil for gold; The Arctic trails have their secret tales/That